KAPOS membership is open to all individuals. We encourage all high school, middle school, and elementary coaches to join.
NOTE: For senior cheerleaders to be eligible for a Stella Gilb Scholarship, their coach MUST be a member of KAPOS.
KAPOS and NFHS fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30. Coaches are encouraged to join online and submit dues, either via PayPal or mail to the KAPOS President prior to July 1. Coaches may pay dues after the July 1 date, however, insurance coverage will not begin until dues are received. (For coaches whose dues are paid by the region: you must first pay, then submit a receipt to your regional board member for reimbursement.)
For only $25 per year, you receive KAPOS and NFHS membership as well as insurance coverage that includes:
- Excess General Liability – $1,000,000 per occurrence limit: $2,000,000 per occurrence for coaches who have successfully completed the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching, First Aid for Coaches (or its accepted equivalent), and Fundamentals of Teaching (Sport Specific) or Teaching Sport Skills.
- $5,000,000 aggregate limit; Excess Accident Medical – $50,000 accident medical/dental limit per injury; $250 deductible per injury; $2,500 accidental death & dismemberment benefit
- Exclusive online services for members only. Secured and password protected area within the NFHS web site for rules, case and other educational materials
- Access to the NFHS Coach Education Program Courses and the online publication NFHS Coaching Today
- Coach membership provides eligibility for senior cheerleaders to apply for a Stella Gilb Scholarship.