Congratulations to our 2018-2019 KAPOS State winners!
Elementary Small – LBJ (Region 14)
Elementary Large – Johns Creek (Region 15)
Middle School Small – Noe (Region 7)
Middle School Medium – Eastside (Region 6)
Middle School Large – Johns Creek (Region 15)
Middle School Super Large – McNabb (Region 10)
For a full listing of results, click on the “State Competition Results – Middle School and Elementary” link.
For 64 years KAPOS has been a leader and innovator for cheerleading in the country!
We are America’s FIRST cheer coaches’ organization. Many other coaches’ organizations from across the nation have been modeled from our organizational design.
We strive to be a strong voice for our Commonwealth cheer coaches.
We strive to stay current and relevant in the world of cheer. We are active participants in the Cheer Forum of America, attending their annual conferences. Our own, Past President Ann Upchurch was a founding member and first President of this prominent group.
We strive to make our organization strong. All decisions are based on a majority vote of our board, which consists of a well-rounded representation from across our state. KAPOS is made up of sixteen regional board members, eight state-at-large board members, and our advisory board (past presidents).
Our leadership consists of a President, four Sectional Vice-Presidents, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and a Parliamentarian.
We strive to recognize outstanding member coaches and cheerleaders by implementing the following awards:
- KAPOS Coach of the Year – this award is given at all levels (elementary, middle, and high)
- Stella Gilb Scholarship – $1,000 scholarships are awarded to 10 senior cheerleaders for outstanding academic performance.
- Several of our regions award scholarships to deserving senior cheerleaders. These awards are presented by KAPOS board members at the recipient’s Senior Awards presentations.
We strive to provide our member coaches with as many benefits as possible.
- Member coaches are enrolled in the National Federation of High Schools. This membership includes a $1 million dollar liability insurance policy.
- Member coaches are eligible and can be nominated to receive Coach of the Year honors.
- Coach membership provides the opportunity for senior cheerleaders to apply and possibly receive one of the 10 Stella Gilb Scholarships.
- KAPOS conducts an annual Kentucky Cheer Coaches Conference, providing information and training to our coaches from nationally recognized presenters.
We strive to provide new and innovative competitions for all levels of school cheerleading!
- We conduct the statewide KAPOS Middle and Elementary School Championships. Our awards include medals, trophies, banners, and jackets for our winners.
- We train our judges yearly. We host training events across the state to accommodate our growing need for quality judges.
- We are Kentucky’s official in-game judges’ training organization. We take great pride in our cheerleaders for their continued excellence in cheering games. We encourage our districts and regions to conduct in-game competitions to provide another venue to recognize outstanding performance.
- Our competitions are covered by catastrophic insurance for all participants, coaches, judges, and spectators.
KAPOS takes great pride is saying………..
“EVERYTHING WE DO IS FOR OUR COACHES AND OUR CHEERLEADERS!”